The following rules are in effect. The virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to others by infected persons who have few or no symptoms. Even if an infected person is only mildly ill, the people they spread it to may become seriously ill or even die, especially if that person is 65 or older with pre-existing health conditions that place them at higher risk. Because of the hidden nature of this threat, everyone should rigorously follow the practices specified in these protocols, all of which facilitate a safe and measured reopening of Texas. The virus that causes COVID-19 is still circulating in our communities. We should continue to observe practices that protect everyone, including those who are most vulnerable. Please note, public health guidance cannot anticipate every unique situation. Individuals should stay informed and take actions based on common sense and wise judgment that will protect health and support economic revitalization.
- MCSP gym is allowing spectators with face coverings at our events. Spectators must remain with the player/team. We ask you to continue to minimize numbers whenever possible as we still have limits in place. There will be NO BLEACHERS or CHAIRS courtside.
- Other than when actually participating in our event (warming up, playing, reffing), all referees/staff and players AND SPECTATORS MUST wear a face covering or mask when inside the building (lobby entrance, concessions area, gymnasium itself, etc.). This rule is mandated by MCSP as directed by the city/county guidelines and those who are not willing or able to wear a face covering should refrain from participating in or attending our events until limitations are relaxed. We will NOT provide masks. Once participating in our event (warming up, playing, reffing) wearing a face covering is optional. Teams/players waiting to play and any spectator will be told to wait outside the building IF they are not wearing a face covering OR IF even with a face covering may be told to wait outside if we need to reduce the amount of people inside the building.
- We will have a designated Health Monitor roaming our courts and will be dedicated to ensuring the health protocols adopted are being successfully implemented and followed. The Health Monitor’s instructions MUST be obeyed and they have the final word. Any disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and no refunds will be given if you’re asked to leave because you aren’t following our rules.
- Individuals who are feeling sick or feverish or have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close proximity to a person who has/had COVID-19…STAY HOME. While we are not taking temperatures of every player at this time, we will be monitoring the health of our players and staff and reserve the right to do so if needed.
- Realize even with all our precautions there is still a risk you take of contracting COVID-19 by playing in our leagues. Enter and play at your own risk. Waivers will stipulate as such. If it is found that a team player contracts COVID-19, we will need to know so that we may inform MCSP and the other teams involved of possible contamination. Know that there are enhanced risks of being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for 14 days after participating in a sporting event or practice.
- Teams must bring their own sanitizer for the team and will be asked to sanitize or wash hands before entering the gym, in between matches and when leaving the gym. Remember that once you’re playing on the court it’s important to avoid touching your face until you’ve had a chance to wash or sanitize.
- NO high-fives, shaking hands, hugging, or similar contact celebrations. Refrain from licking your hands to wet your shoe soles for better traction, bring a damp towel instead.
- Rosters will still be required and will be collected electronically via text/messaging or email. If a player drops out due to COVID concerns once the season has started, the team will be allowed to substitute with a player within the same or lower level of play.
- Any requests for refunds/credits must be coordinated through the captain only. NO REFUNDS will be given to individual players if they decide to not play once the season has started. It’s important to make sure players are willing to play the entire season or to be ready to help the team find a replacement player. If we decide to close the leagues or if MCSP shuts down then we will give CREDIT as appropriate.
- We will not be asking for captain’s initials on the scoresheets but please feel free to make sure the scores are correct with our referee after each set.
- Teams must bring their own warm-up balls!!! Our game balls will be reserved only for actual matches in attempt to keep them sanitized until play time.
- It is very likely we will not be able to comply with any special match time requests or deconflictions. Don’t bring a team if you’re counting on “only late matches”, etc. We do not know how many teams will be registering during this pandemic which restricts the number of special requests that can be honored.
- The entire team payment must be made electronically (NO payments will be accepted in person). Please check our website for the variety of ways anyone can pay.
- MCSP concessions will remain open but there will be no seats in the concessions area and the arcade area will be closed. Also, NO water jugs will be placed in between courts. Bring your own water in a container no larger than a gallon or purchase drinks from concessions.
- MCSP may require temperature scans and health questionnaires on individuals entering the facility. Any person with a temperature above 100 degrees will not be allowed to enter and will be turned away. Each person may also be asked a series of general health questions.
- We will be in constant communication with MCSP and they are very good at relaying rules and information regarding COVID-19 precautions. If we see the risk of COVID-19 spread is increasing or that too many players are not following our rules, we will shut down the league. So, everyone help us ensure we are all following the rules. Safety comes first.
We have decided to NOT raise the team fee at this time, but PLEASE be patient while we figure out the new normal. Thank you for your loyalty and willingness to cooperate so that we can all have a safe environment to play indoor volleyball.